Sunday, November 26, 2006

Knitting in public fun


There were 4 of us at the Bolton Knitting Noras knitout today, me, Bev, new member Caroline and my work colleague Julie aka "the sock mistress". (She makes beautiful socks all the time, even working on them when we're evacuated from our building - now there's devotion for you).

Caroline is keen to learn to knit and seems to think we're the people to help. Bev gave her some needles and I gave her some mauve wool that had been donated to me.

Bev showed her what to do and Caroline proved herself to be an excellent pupil, mastering the slipknot, casting on, garter stitch and casting off within 2 hours.

She has a natural talent.

We were also more than impressed than the magnificent socks Julie was working on - I forgot to get a photo but will try and take one tomorrow at work.

Lots of fun for everyone today in fact.

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

I love to KIP... especially socks it really surprises the non knitters to know that yes, it is possible to make socks by hand.