I finished my Mash poncho on Friday, just in time to wear for the Chester Folk Festival.
It was a fun project, despite several false starts; the original version was too small and the knitting was too tight, then when I changed to 15mm needles it was too loopy.
I also kept dropping stitches so until I hit upon the wizard wheeze of using a smaller 6mm needle to pick them up I had to keep starting again.
The sewing up was a bit of a challenge too - took me ages to work it out. Here it is after I'd lashed it together:
And here is a detail of the stitch, with my chubby arm underneath it.
It is not as big as the one in the book but I am a lot wider then the willowy model so that might be why.