I have been invited to take part in Vegan Pal 2 and herewith are my answers to the questionnaire:
1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
I am a knitter, using only non-animal fibres. My mum taught me when I was a nipper, I knitted until my early 20s, gave it up and started again with renewed enthusiasm about 5 years ago.
2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
I am a vegan (hence the non-animal fibres - I don't use silk either)
3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I have never been involved in a knitting related swap so I am intrigued. I have swapped books and things before though and enjoy the random / surprise element of it.
4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I'm not a big fan of yellow (to wear) as it doesn't suit my pale and uninteresting skin tone but I like most bold colours (particularly red)
5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
I am lactose intolerent. (Hence the veganism). I used to be allergic to most animals but now I only start sneezing in the presence of rabbits.
6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
I share my house with a lovely ginger and white male cat called Stripe. He is very well behaved while I am knitting but likes to gnaw at the moving needles sometimes.
7. Do you collect anything?
Books, 1950s artefacts and yes, yarn. It's not an unmanageable mess, it is a carefully gathered and extensive collection.
8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
Here in the UK we can buy a vegan non-dairy chocolate called Swiss Couverture. It is gorgeous and the most creamy tasting vegan chocolate I have ever tasted. Before becoming vegan, I researched it carefully and once I found out that I can still eat cake, chocolate and chips I was converted. I like most food but am not keen on stuff that is supposed to be good for you such as wheatgrass juice.
9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
I will try anything!
10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
I would love some of those needles which glow in the dark - ideal for knitting in the cinema or a dark pub. I ditched most of my circular needles when I got a set of Denise interchangeable needles but would love some bamboo ones.
11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
I don't know what that is when it's at home with it's hat on so I guess I am not on it.
12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I'm a nice person!
13. What scents do you like/dislike?
I like most scents I think - don't have any strong feelings on this one.
14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
Not bothered really. As an April baby I've always preferred Spring.
15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
Playing conkers at school and discovering the delights of black peas when I moved to Greater Manchester.
This is so intriguing! I can't wait for this to get going.